Friday, December 16, 2011

A Short In the Telephone Wire

When I was a kid I used to walk bare-footed down to the local swimming pool; ouch. As I recall I was bare-footed almost all summer long, unless I was playing in the woods, or riding my bike to the store; at the store you had to wear shoes to shop. Anyway when I was walking or riding my bike to the pool I would hear what I thought was just a hot or sparking in the telephone wire.

It is funny how that we try to understand the unknown with with what we think we know and understand. I was pretty sure that the sound was coming from the telephone wires after all the sound was coming from over my head...must be the wires. I am afraid not; the sound was coming from something that I did not know anything about; it was a bug. The cicada is a noisy bug with an extremely interesting life cycle and story. A noisy little buzzer.

No comments:

Post a Comment